Move over brownies, these buttercream iced maple bars are the next dessert star
- 8" square baking pan
- Sifter or fine sieve
- Beaters or kitchen stand mixer
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup plus 4 tbsp for icing Restock Here
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Grease the 8" pan and preheat oven to 350° F
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add maple syrup, egg and vanilla and mix.
- Stir in rolled oats.
- In a separate bowl sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Then add to creamed oat mixture.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Spread onto the square pan and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Let cool before icing with the buttercream icing.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
- Whip 1 stick softened butter with 2 cups powdered sugar.
- Slowly whip in maple syrup (about 4 tablespoons) until desired and spreadable consistency.