Sugar On Snow
Learn how to make this delicious spring time treat
- Deep heavy pot for heating syrup
- Candy or meat thermometer (must reach 250° F)
- Wide shallow pan for snow, such as a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- 1 – 2 cups Maple Syrup
Your Favorite Grade
- 10 cups Fresh clean snow
- Collect fresh snow and pack into the baking dish. Keep frozen.
- Heat the syrup, stirring to prevent burning, until it boils and reaches a temperature of 235°F as read on the candy thermometer.
- If you don't have a thermometer test the syrup for readiness by dropping a bit of the syrup into a cup of cold water. If it balls up, it's ready.
- Drizzle the hot syrup over packed snow. It will firm up right away.
- Use a spoon or popsicle stick to swirl it up off the snow and enjoy!